Thursday, May 19, 2005

My First Posting

I noticed in the paper today they were talking about republicans killing the filibuster for judicial nominees.

I'd be interested to see what happens after they do that. Or if they do it.

The filibuster is something the republicans should not mess with. They won't be the majority forever. They should think about that.

I'd be happy if all seven nominees were dropped. It would give the Democrats a victory over the republican fascists & would give w. a black eye all at the same time. :)

But they'll probably compromise.

Later,

Proud Liberal Democrat

2 Comments:

Blogger starvark said...

I'm pretty liberal as most things go, but I'm not proud nor seriously Democrat. I can't affiliate myself with a party that's so darned wishy-washy. If they were all proud liberals, it would be easy to identify with such idealists, people who actually care about things, and generous non-moneygrubbers. But so many of them are worried about appealing to the center and serving the same corporate masters as the Right that I can't generally get behind them. I guess I need my own party.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger ProudLiberalDemocrat said...

I'm very clear where I stand on the issues.

Some issues I agree with the republicans on.

Sometimes my fellow Democrats embarrass me.

But I'm here to show the world that "liberal" doesn't have a negative connotation, but a positive one. I'm living proof. :)

PS: Thanks for letting me know about the Comments thing. Anyone can comment, now.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home